Friday, October 17, 2008

Day 82

Today was not exactly the pre-race day recovery that I had intended. Most of the day was spent in the car, on the go, and then off to the East side for race packet pickup; ran a couple errands and landed home around 7. Whew. Oh well, that's how it goes some times. I'm just rolling with it and looking forward to tomorrow.

Over the past few days I've been reflecting on what this running thing is really all about. One the one hand it's putting the Project Principles and Diet to the test of helping an average Joe runner like myself, complete a half marathon. On the other hand, it has personal meaning and has served as a discipline. Last weekend, I also decided it was "The race for the brownies!" My mom had made brownies during our visit and they were oh-so-good, but I didn't want to blow my diet, so I only had a couple small bites. I commented, "now that's what I want after next weeks run!" Thus it became "The race for the brownies!" Tonight, Jody baked a big 'ol pan of fresh brownies to bring to the run. The truth is, I know that as of tonight, I don't fully know what this running thing is all about. It may be reveled tomorrow, maybe it won't. But I do know that by following it long enough, and being patient, open and receptive, eventually I will know.

Thanks for reading -- some of you reading the past 82 posts! I'll let you know how things go. Best of luck to everyone running tomorrow, and to those of you running your own personal race. Oh, and best of luck to everyone doing the Hilly Hundred this weekend.

Peace,
Chris
p.s. -- thanks for the additional emails and text messages today! It's been a huge motivation for me. You guys rock!

No comments: