Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day 67

Tomorrow is another run day and I'm really looking forward to it. With my primary goal of completing each event using only the Principles of the Project, and no time goal in mind, I'm able to run "fear-free". I have zero pressure, zero expectations, and zero concerns in my training. Why? Well, for one, with no time goal, I don't have to live up to some external measure of how "good" or how "bad" I performed. I wouldn't be racing for first place, so what would be the point of "racing"? More importantly, I am so confident in my Project Principles that I fully trust that by following these Principles and listening to the wisdom of my body, I know that these Principles will deliver me to the finish line of each event. I'm not worried. It's when you start putting expectations on your running that things quickly fall apart; it loses it's innocence and essence. Now, I've got nothing against competing, if that's your thing, it's just that I've been-there-done-that, and it's not my thing; I'm in it for the discipline, the training, the fun, the spiritual training, and the health, fitness and well-being that comes from running.

Check back tomorrow for a little commentary from me; it's sure to ruffle some feathers.

Peace,
Chris

No comments: