Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Day 80

Eighty Days! Keeping up with the blog every day for eighty straight days has been amazing. I know some of you can understand the point of blogging every day, and you can also relate to the effort that goes into it; you know how challenging it can be just to post once per week! I mean, it's not like I don't have plenty of other irons in the fire : -) But I gotta tell you, this effort, this discipline has been transformational for me. I'll share more on that once I've finished the half marathon on Saturday and I've crossed blogging finish line as well. To offer my insights at this point would be akin to throwing my arms up in triumph at mile 10 rather than at the 13.1 mile finish line.

While I do have loads of great stuff coming up in the next few days and weeks, such as announcing the Project's "biggest loser" and some stats from all the Project Grads, tonight, I'm going to once again direct you to Matt's blog (http://projectroadwarrior.blogspot.com/2008/10/just-sitagain.html). It's a longer post and he shares an article of great interest and relevance to the Project, so I would really encourage you to check it out. By the way, Matt was able to do his final fitness assessment today and put up some fantastic numbers that I can't wait to share. Keep the great posts coming, Project Grads!

Thanks for reading!

Peace,
Chris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Coach Chris -
BEST OF LUCK this weekend - may the wind be always at your back, and the feet fleet and fast. Attack those hills!

john

Chris said...

Hey Johan!

Thanks, dude! I haven't done any recon on the course, though I have heard there are some hills. You've raced in that area, so I'm sure you know what we are in for. The last sevreral weeks, I've done my long runs on fairly hilly/rolling roads, so we will see how things unfold. Either way, I'm feeing pretty stoked and looking forward to the adventure.

Thanks, again!

Peace,
Chris