Saturday, September 20, 2008

Day 55

While considering what to post tonight, it occurred to me that it might be a good idea to remind those who read this blog, why I started it in the first place, and what's up with all the "Day (fill in the blank)" titles. Some of you may be new to this blog, so if you've never read the first post of this blog, it probably doesn't make much sense. Or, perhaps if you did read the first day, it still doesn't make much sense. Here is what I wrote on "Day 1":

"Thanks for stopping by.

What you will find here will be daily posts from me, as I chronicle the next 12 weeks of training for a half marathon using the training principles from "Project: Bridging the Wellness Gap". The intention here is to share my experience, perhaps inspire others, and to display for all who visit the simplicity, effectiveness, potential of the Project. All aspects of "Project: Bridging the Wellness Gap" are oriented towards simplicity, eliminating excuses, and helping people to obtaining their vision of health, fitness, and well-being.

In addition to my daily posts, I will be sharing highlights, updates, stories, tips, and more from our current group of Project participants. My Test Pilots are currently in their 4th week of their Project, which happens to be a recovery week. So please check in to hear more about them and from them.

This blog is pretty bar-bones, so I'll look into jazzing it up a little as things flow along.

Enjoy!"

So, there you have it, the reason I launched this blog. It was a good reminder for me to read that as well. A lot has changed since the first posting. For one, the Project Test Pilots have only one week remaining in their 12 week journey. I decided to embrace a bigger personal challenge, beyond the half marathon, by signing up for a trail marathon in December. The blog isn't quite as "bare bones" as it was initially. And since starting this blog, everyone in the Project, including myself, has grown and learned more than we ever imagined.

The first official round of the Project wraps up next week. My half marathon is just a few weeks away. So, what's next? For one, I probably will slow down on the daily blog posts. For another, I've got some work to do on the Project before the next group gets underway. And who knows, maybe I'll have a few more surprises up my sleeve.

As always, thanks for stopping by. I hope you are having a peace-filled weekend. If not, I send you my best.

In Peace,
Chris

No comments: