Saturday, August 9, 2008

Day 13

Hey Guys,

There it is, another "13", as in "Day 13". Today was more or less a "recovery day" for me and I enjoyed my "Free Meal" at dinner tonight. After church, Jody and I took Christian to a drop in day care center and met some friends at one of our fav local restaurants. So, what was my free meal you may ask??? A barbecue-bacon-cheeseburger. And yes, it was money! And yes, I had a beer to go with it! Here's the deal, though -- I only ate about half the burger and only a couple of waffle fries that came with it. In addition, I have stuck to my diet plan over 90% of the time for several weeks. So, a fat laden, high cholesterol, other-wise-off-limits burger really wasn't that big of a deal for me and will have virtually no impact on me, my training, or my energy. That's the beauty of consistently sticking to your plan, you eat properly and craft in an occasional treat or indulgence every now and then; enjoy them free of any guilt and know that tomorrow you are back in the saddle -- like going out for my weekly long run, which I will be doing tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!

Peace,
Chris

p.s. -- In case you are wondering, I'm soooo over the bacon burger. I literally could not tell you how many years it's been since the last time I had a bacon burger, and it would be a safe bet to say I won't have another any time soon.

No comments: