Thursday, August 7, 2008

Day 11

Sometimes the only thing I like about running is the pain; it's a feeling that I'm intimately familiar with and sometimes it's all I feel when I'm running. It may sound weird to some of you, yet I know there are some of you out there who know exactly what I mean. Some people respond to the discomfort of workout out with attitude, "I don't like this", "this sucks", etc. That's all just part of the game of the mind and the source of our preferences which likes to be comfortable. We learn nothing from comfort.

We can experience pain in daily life, in memories, in workouts, in a multitude of ways in a multitude of intensities. I find that all that really matters is how we respond to pain, it can make you or break you -- you choose.

In Peace,
Chris

No comments: