Friday, February 27, 2009

Throwin' Down the "Gauntlet"

So, if you have been keeping up with Rob's Project blog, you know that today Rob did an hour on the Stepmill, a.k.a., "The Gauntlet". "Gauntlet" is it's former name, and I think they must have renamed it, thinking it was a kinder, gentler name. Yet, Gauntlet actually describes this vicious machine far better than "Stepmill". At any rate, if you are not familiar with the name, I've included an image of it here. Essentially, it's like walking "up" on the "down" escalator and you control the speed that the steps are coming at you. In my view, the Stepmill is one of the most challenging pieces of cardio equipment out there and can definantly separate the men from the boys : )

Originally, I was going to put in a long run today, yet life happens and a long run wasn't in the picture. Since Rob "threw down the Gauntlet" in his blog post, I decided to rise to the challenge. Yup, I too devoted an hour of my practice on the Stepmill. While it was a challenge, I was continually inspired and motivated knowing that Rob was doing his thing today and was suffering (in a good way) right along with me.

Thanks for putting up the challenge, Rob, even if it wasn't intended that way. It was a heck of a session and an awesome experience.

Peace,
Chris

1 comment:

Rob Johansen said...

Way to go, Chris!! I think it's a great way to change it up, and keep an intense workout that gives you a "break" from running!

See you on the mat!

-Robasana