Monday, January 19, 2009

Thoughts and Prayer Requests

Hey Gang,

It's been a ton of fun getting ready for today's launch of the Project, sharing news about new Project blogs and knowing that today marks a pivotal point in many lives. Yet, it is important to remember that while we are filled with excitement and making life-changing choices, there are those among us who are dealing with some personal adversity, and in this case adversity to their health, fitness, and well-being.

First, if you visit Sam's blog, you will read of a spill she recently took which resulted in a painful, swollen ankle: http://samallen-btwg.blogspot.com/. Please send her your prayers and intentions for a speedy recovery. After reading her blog and an email exchange, I'm confident that Sam will be up and at it very soon. I'm inspired by her attitude...

I would venture to guess that very few of you know Phyllis, which is unfortunate and I would have to say, your loss. Phyllis has been a student of mine longer than anyone else. She attended either my very first, or maybe second yoga class I ever taught in a gym/studio setting. Over the last 9 years, Phyllis has attended classes with me at the old Brownsburg Lifefitness gym (which is now closed), Peace Through Yoga at Eagle Creek, Twisted Sage (our former studio) and currently attends my Wednesday evening class at Cityoga. She has rarely missed her weekly class with me and has always been a quiet inspiration for me. Those of you who attend my Wed. class, will know her from being in the front row, right next to Chris W., every week.

Phyllis is facing a pretty serious health challenge and will be having surgery this Wednesday. We won't be seeing her in class for a little while, yet I'm confident we will see her before long, once she gets back up to speed. One thing I know about Phyllis is that while she is often quiet and a truly kind-hearted person, she is also tough as nails and let's nothing slow her down or stand in her way. If you would, please include her in your prayers and thoughts, especially when she has surgery this Wednesday. I know we will have a moment for her in class and keep her in our thoughts.

Thanks, guys. And, if you have something you would like me to pass along, perhaps a prayer request, just let me know. The power of community prayer is one of the most powerful and potent forces in the Universe.

In Peace,
Chris

2 comments:

ProMotion at Klipsch Fitness said...

Dear Coach,
Head bowed - silence and sweat.

john

Sherri said...

Healing thoughts and prayers going out to your dear friend Phyllis, Chris.