Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 5 and Still Alive!

Hey Project Blog Readers,

If you have been following the Project blogs, you are getting direct insight into what some of the current Project Recruits are dealing with this week - tender muscles, flaring and rebelling egos, cranky and irritable attitudes, and more. The first 2-3 weeks of the Project are by far the toughest for most people. Along with what you have read on the blogs, here are a few comments I've received this week:

"I haven’t started my blog yet, but I do want you to know if I could have lifted the phone after my workout to call you, I would have quit."

"I need to apologize for calling you a ‘dirty rat bast**d’ this morning at 5:45 when I finished my second set of jump squats (I could only do 18 of them)- I did not mean it- really :)"

"Things are going well so far....thanks for opening a can of whoop -ass on me! It feels good to train like this again...."

"Now, can you come get me out of my office chair please? LOVE THOSE QUADS!"

"Hey, I am definitely ready. I followed the diet last week (Chris Note: referring to the week prior to the official start), but did only two yoga classes for the exercise and I still lost 8 pounds! Woo! Gotta love the first week. lol Hopefully week two will be as good since I will be adding in the exercise. :)"

"FYI – Day one going well. According to the scale here at home, I’ve already lost about 5 pounds since weigh-in last Sunday. I kept to my normal exercise routines at the Y last week, but L. and I have incorporated much better eating since reading the manual. And I’m going to my very first Yoga class with Marsha P at 5:30 this afternoon. A big day…."

There you have it, a little "behind the scenes" look at what's happenin' in the Project. GOD, I LOVE MY JOB!!!!

On another note, I'm working on a sort-a hefty blog post that I'd like to have out either Sunday or Monday. The question is whether or not I will be brave enough to post it... Stay tuned...

Have a great weekend. Play hard, train hard, love lots, take time to sit in silence, and pray for those getting ready for Week 2!

In Peace,
Chris

No comments: