Monday, November 3, 2008

Tomorrow is election day and I for one cannot wait for it to be over. In short, I'm over it and ready for the world to get back to other things that, at least in my humble opinion, are far more important than which one of these yahoo's gets elected. You know, important things like delving deep into ones health, fitness, and well-being. Or maybe delving deeper into matters of the heart and Spirit. Oh, if only each of us spent one tenth of the time and energy wasted on this whole election process towards our health, fitness, and well-being we would be an enlightened planet. And let's not even talk about how much money was blown splattering these folks mugs all over the t.v., magazines, 1/2 hour political/infomercials, and the like. Geez, we could have fed gazillions of starving people, clothed the needy, and who knows what else. Like I said, I'm over it.

Personally, I would never declare my choice for President, or other office, in a public manner. To me it would be beyond inappropriate and I would not want to deter someone from attending my classes or working out with me due to political differences. Plus, I think I'm a little "old school" when it comes to elections. When I was growing up, people didn't talk about who they were voting for in such an open manner as we do today. Heck, I remember asking my Dad who he voted for in the 1976 election and he wouldn't tell me. Voting was sacred.

I am voting tomorrow, and I trust that you will to, or that you already have. In my view, it's our civic duty and our right; it's our way to participate in the process, whether we agree with it or not and whether we think the candidates are the best the nation has to offer. I have my hopes for certain candidates to win but ultimately I trust that God is in control and regardless of who wins, it is His will, not mine and it's part of His Divine plan. So, I accept the outcome whatever it may be.

Finally, I would like all of you to remember that should "your candidate" win, know that there are others around you who may be extraordinarily disappointed in the results and let down that "their candidate" lost. So, please be sensitive to this and conduct yourself in a Spiritual manner, with compassion, understanding, and humility. Now is the time to apply your spiritual practice in a mature way.

No Drama! No Excuses!

In (election) Peace,
Chris

p.s. - it has been fun to watch the poll results on this blog; they have held steady from the first day I posted it -- around 60% for Obama, 37% for McCain and the Lone Ranger who is voting "other". Let's see how that compares to the rest of the state and the nation. Thanks to all who "voted".

No comments: