Thursday, November 6, 2008

Death In The Family

Anyone who has attended my yoga classes in the past 5 or 6 years knows the one and only Johnny "Playa" Watts (I take full credit for giving him that nickname, as I gave it to him out of Love... still remember the day it went down...). John has been a part of our yoga family since the days I taught at the original Cityoga on 38th street and he's been such an important part of our community and one of our biggest supporters.

Many of you may also know that his Mother was diagnosed with cancer not too long ago. I learned that she passed away this last Sunday.

May your prayers be with John and his family, and with all those who are suffering or who have lost a loved one.

Below are the arrangements for the visitation and funeral. John told me he would appreciate any visitors to join in the memorial and celebration of his Mothers Life.

God Bless You, Playa...

Visitation – from 4:00 -8:00 pm on Friday, November 7th
Flanner & Buchanan Funeral Home
2950 N. High School Rd.
Speedway, In. 46224

Funeral Service St Christopher Catholic Church in Speedway
November 8th - 9:00 AM with burial at Crown Hill Cemetery
In lieu of flowers the family prefers memorial contributions to
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
1261 W. 86th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46260

********************************************

I also received the words below from Rob Johansen, which I hope he doesn't mind me sharing here. Rob is a very sensitive soul and I really appreciated his insights:

Jen and I were talking tonight about how we know that we must all pass out of this life at some point, and the knowledge of that can allow you to let your fear of death go. And no matter what shape you are in, you must die out of this life. So the thing is to make sure to stay healthy so you can stick around as long as you should.....AND ENJOY the experience a long run can give you. No dread! I wouldn't want to spend all my time running......or being on the mat....but those times make the cups of coffee with friends so much sweeter. You certainly are sweetening your cups o' joe.

No comments: