If you are interested in applying for the next round of The Project, please read ALL the details below. Or if you know someone who might be interested in applying, be sure to forward this to them. I've done my best to include all the information you may need regarding this round of The Project, including dates, how to apply, cost, what is expected of the "New Recruits" who get selected and more. Should you have additional questions, please send me an email: email@example.com.
I am extremely excited about the next round of The Project, and know that many of you are chomping at the bit to apply. If you are interested, be sure to apply as soon as you can (application process begins December 1st), as priority and consideration will be given to applications in the order they are received. If you are applying towards the end of the process, don't be discouraged, go ahead and apply. More consideration is given to how you express yourself and how well you convey your desire to participate.
Project: Bridging the Wellness Gap® is not about “extreme” fitness, getting washboard abs, getting “shredded” or crushing course records at a fitness race. Rather, this 12-week Project is about helping you to reclaim your health, improve your fitness, and inspire you to live a life of well-being.
Whether you are simply stuck in a fitness rut, or you are facing a life-style related health crisis, The Project may be for you. My revamped and super-charged program is guaranteed to help you achieve your wellness intentions.
“Project: Bridging the Wellness Gap® is more than just a fitness or diet program. With the support of like-minded friends and an experienced coach like Chris, you can “find yourself”. I plan on living the Project for the rest of my life. With wonderful continued guidance and friendship, I know it is possible.” – Alison Cole, Project Graduate who lost 23 pounds during the Project and has continued to make progress in her wellness goals.
What is Project: Bridging the Wellness Gap®?
Project: Bridging the Wellness Gap® is a 12-week fitness program which incorporates a multi-faceted approach that includes:
- Individual coaching and guidance from a degreed and certified personal trainer/wellness coach, and advanced certified yoga and meditation instructor with over 15 years of professional experience
- 12-weeks of detailed workout programs
- Dietary guidelines and assistance
- Weekly feedback on your nutrition and workout journals
- Yoga and meditation instruction
- Daily updates including The Project "Tip and Recipe of the Day"
- Group support from your fellow recruits and Project Graduate Mentors
- Life-skills which will continue to benefit you for the rest of your life, as well as inspire and impact those around you
This proven, integrated approach to wellness can help you reduce stress, lose body fat, increase physical strength and stamina, improve cardiovascular fitness and flexibility, and decrease your health risk factors such as lowering blood pressure and cholesterol.
“After just 4 weeks my blood pressure dropped from 130/90 to 100/70 ---- wow, was my doctor happy about that! At the end of the 12 weeks I had lost 17 lbs, 3.5% body fat and 16 inches!” – Loretta Cooprider, Project Graduate
What Will be Expected from You
- "No Excuses" mindset - This means that you must be willing to take full responsibility for yourself, for your actions, for your choices, and for your life. You must also possess a willingness to make your best effort throughout the 12 weeks. Obstacles will arise during The Project, challenges will confront you, and you may feel sabotaged from time to time; that is life. You must be committed that when these challenges arise, rather than offer excuses or bailing on your Project, you will use the tools I give you to work through these challenges and move forward. I’m not asking, nor expecting “perfection”, only your best effort.
- Commit one hour per day to your Project (in general, one hour is the TOTAL amount of time needed to complete your assigned training, workouts, journaling, and homework assignments)
- Complete all required fitness and health evaluations – preliminary and follow-up. If you miss one of the evaluations, no make-up tests will be given. You will be responsible for having an evaluation completed at your own expense.
- If required, have a physical before beginning the program, or a doctor’s signed release (at your financial expense).
- Be willing to be photographed for before and after results – males will be shirtless and in shorts, women should be in shorts and either a close fitting shirt or sports bra. These photos will be viewed only by Project staff, unless permission is given by participant
- Attendance at the following group meetings –
- January 3rd - Orientation meeting (approximately 2 hours in duration). Cityoga, located at 936 Indiana Avenue
- Initial fitness testing session (which may be 2-3 hours in length) and is set for Sunday, January 11th. Location: Peace Learning Center/Peace Through Yoga, Eagle Creek Park
- Final fitness testing session (which may be 2-3 hours in length) and is set for Sunday, April 12th. Location: Peace Learning Center/Peace Through Yoga, Eagle Creek Park
- Optional – weekly meetings to be held at Au Bon Pain located at 901 Indiana Ave. Meetings will be held every other Saturday from 10:00a.m.-11:00a.m. and every other Wednesday evening from 7:15p.m. – 8:15p.m. Dates will be announced to those selected.
- Maintain accurate, detailed records throughout the 12 weeks and submit records each week
- Complete all assigned workouts and additional “homework” to the best of your ability
- Adhere to all aspects of the program, as closely as possible. If you have unique circumstances or challenges, I can work with you to accommodate, however it is vital that you stay on course
- Check in with me once per week, via email, phone, or in person, as assigned
- Minimum amount of fitness equipment is required. This includes a jump rope, several dumbbells or a couple exercise bands of varying resistances, or membership at a gym
Space to complete your assigned yoga sessions, or ability to attend a yoga class of your choosing once per week
- CD player
- Yoga Mat
- Ability/location to perform assigned aerobic conditioning, preferably outdoors. Please contact me if this may present a challenge for you and we can discuss options
- Willingness to engage in various forms of relaxation/stress reduction practices which will include a basic form of meditation
“Project: Bridging the Wellness Gap® helped me focus on my weight loss and fitness goals. It seemed that I was always on a diet, but was having trouble making progress. The Project helped me become more consistent in my workouts and in my diet. Project: Bridging the Wellness Gap® helped me focus and get past a weight barrier that I had been struggling with for the past couple years. The support and program are great!” - Jeanie Gensheimer, Project Graduate
How to Get Involved
Beginning December 1st, I will begin accepting applications and plan to accept 30 New Recruits from various lifestyles, backgrounds, genders, ages, demographics, and challenges with whom I can coach through the 12-week Project.
First and foremost, applicants must be willing and able to meet all the requirements for participation in this Project, as listed above. Additionally, I ask that you only apply if you are 100% committed to making a change in you health, fitness, and well-being. I am seeking those who truly want to transform their lives and are willing to commit to a challenging 12-week program. If you are not 100% ready and committed, then please do not submit your application, as this will free up a spot for someone who is ready. While this Project is not “extreme” or “hardcore”, it is certainly not “easy”, change never is. This is a “No Excuses” Project and I can assure you it will challenge you in physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually; so, be prepared to do what it takes to complete this Project and know that I and your Project Mentors are here to support you each step of the way. The rewards will be far greater than any challenge you may face.
The Project was the greatest gift I could have given myself… the workouts were AMAZING and I’m already looking forward to cycling through them again!! Thank you thank you thank you for a tremendous experience… and for helping me take 3 inches off my hips!!” – Jen Johansen, Project Graduate
Submitting your application
Unlike landing your typical j-o-b, where you have to fill out lengthy application forms, I simply ask applicants to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell me why you feel Project: Bridging the Wellness Gap® appeals to you and why you feel you would make a good candidate. Let me know that you are ready to embrace a “No Excuses” lifestyle and that you are committed and ready to do whatever it takes to change your life. If you feel now is your time to rise above, be sure to convey that in your essay. Do your best to demonstrate that you should be accepted into the Project.
Feel free to share stories of current health challenges you are facing, set-backs you have experienced in the past, the difficulty of finding balance in your work, family, health/workout time. Include any current challenges you are facing in terms of your health, fitness, and well-being. Be sure to include if you are under the care or supervision of a physician for any current medical challenges, or of any untreated medical conditions that may be currently challenging you.
The more open, honest, and real you are in your essay, the better your chances of being selected. I’m not looking for writing skills; I’m looking for those who write from the heart.
The application process is open from December 1st and will close December 21st, 2008. Preference will be given in the order the application is received, so be sure to submit your application as soon as you can. No applications will be accepted after the application process ends – no exceptions.
Important Project Dates: If you have conflicts with any of the below dates, contact me before applying to discuss options.
Application Process: December 1st – December 21st
New Recruits Notified: Weekend of December 26th – December 28th
New Recruit Orientation: January 7th
Initial Fitness Testing: January 11th
Official Start Date: January 19th
Official End Date and Follow Up Fitness Testing: April 12th
“When I started this program, I was not even sure what it was realistic to expect, I just knew that I was dying a slow death and it was not fair to my wife and my two wonderful kids. I thought if I could lose 15 or 20 pounds during The Project it would be a great start towards my goal and get me in the right direction. Weight loss was definitely my main goal when I started and losing 46 pounds I would say I far exceeded my expectations on weight loss! So, with all that being said, the health and wellness benefits I received were far greater than anything I could ever have dreamed. I dropped my Cholesterol 28 points from 204 to 176. I lowered my resting heart rate from 75 BPM to 52 BPM. No question you have added years on to my life!” – Matt Fallin, Project Graduate who has gone on to lose over 50 pounds and completely transform his life!
Project "Super-Star", Matt Fallin in his "before" and "after" shots
For those selected as a “New Recruit”, there is a $249, non-refundable, entry fee which is to be paid on or prior to the initial orientation session. You may pay via check, money order, or cashiers check. Your entry fee covers all your training materials, fitness/health evaluations, one-on-one coaching/consultations, a Project t-shirt, yoga CD, group meetings, as well as the support from your fellow participants, and the opportunity to make the lifestyle change you know you have been waiting for. Now is the time! No Excuses!
What if I’m not selected?
While I never like to turn people away, The Project isn’t for everyone. This is a “No Excuses”, 12-week program, which requires a serious commitment to me, to your fellow Project participants, and most importantly, to you.
If you are not selected, please do not take it personal. Each round of the Project I am looking for specific people, with specific lifestyles, demographics, gender, age, challenges, etc. I am also looking for the most highly motivated people, those who are fed up or frustrated with their current level of well-being and are truly ready to do something about it.
If you do not get selected, it is likely that I have already filled all the slots and profiles, or I may feel that you are not quite ready to embark on the Project, either way I will contact you and let you know why you were not selected. Please be patient and stay encouraged, if you do not get in this round. There will be more Project opportunities coming very soon.
Additionally, I ask that you continue to stay in touch with me, and to read my blog on a regular basis. I will be posting progress reports, news, training tips, and sharing stories from our group. Hopefully this will provide you with informative wellness news, added motivation, inspiration and maybe a little comic relief. I also ask that you re-apply with the next group at which time your chances of being selected are much greater as this shows your sincerity and motivation.