Monday, January 24, 2011

RIP Jack LaLanne

In honor of the passing of legendary health and fitness Master, Jack LaLanne, please check out this post from the BTWG blog archives: Click HERE.

May each of us live our lives even half as good as Jack did - the world would be a much happier and healthful planet, that's for sure!

Meditation Update: 24 of 365. I'm happy to report that it's been 24 days, and I have yet to miss a meditation session. The sessions have varied in length from 10 minutes, to upwards of 30 minutes and, as with any meditation practice, the quality varies from session to session.

One thing I have also noticed is the changes and reaction my body is having to the more frequency in seated meditation. To be honest, I used to spend a great deal of time sitting on the floor and I had gotten away from doing it as often. Along with the daily meditation sessions, I'm spending much more time sitting on the floor over the past 3 weeks. I find this practice makes a tremendous difference in reducing stiffness in the body, eliminates tight back muscles and helps to liberate the hips. Did you know that in cultures where people sit and sleep on the floor they have virtually no incidence of hip degeneration or back issues?

Peace,
Chris

No comments: