INDY MINI/CROSSFIT TRAINING PROGRAM
JANUARY 16th – May 8th, 2010
WARNING: This is not your conventional approach to training for the Indy Mini Marathon; if you are looking for the traditional approach, please look elsewhere.
In addition to a weekly written training program, participants will also have access to weekly group workouts, email correspondence with their coach, nutrition advice, pre/post race support tent at the finish line, tech shirt, and more.
· Must be in good physical health, meaning you are not under a physicians care for serious health issues, if you are, your doctors permission will be required before acceptance into the program.
· Depending on your current activity level and health/medical risk factors, your doctors permission to participate may be required
· Access to strength training equipment, including: dumbbells, barbells (Olympic weight set is ideal), jump rope, exercise mat.
· Must currently be capable of walking or running 3 miles
· “No Excuses!” attitude – a willingness to work hard and accept coaching and feedback, then apply what is suggested
What you get in this program:
· Weekly training guide which will include your weekly running schedule as well as CrossFit-based workouts and yoga/stretching sessions
· 45 minute CD with a weekly “Yoga for Runners” session
· Weekly training sessions each Saturday at 10:30a.m. These sessions will vary from week-to-week and may include running, interval training, hill work, CrossFit workouts, weights, kettlebells, calisthenics, yoga/stretching, and more. Location may vary each week; most workouts will take place at Eagle Creek Park or at a designated location in Brownsburg or other Indy location.
· Tech shirt to wear at training sessions and on race day
· Pre/Post race support tent with refreshments and more. Leave your items here prior to the race or stow gear you want at the finish
· Optional: 2-3 workshops offered during the 16 weeks. Attendance of these workshops is optional and there is a separate fee to participate. Dates, locations, and fees to be announced. These workshops will focus on running technique, shoe selection, hydration/nutrition, and other topics pertinent to your race.
· Weekly eNewsletter from Coach Chris with training tips and more
Who is this training for?
· Those with a limited amount of time to train yet want to get the most bang for their training buck (time and energy)
· Those who embrace coaching and excel with team support
· First time half marathoners who want to do more than “just finish” the race; they want to do their personal best!
· Runners interested in a fresh, cutting edge approach to training for a mini marathon and perhaps set a PR at the Indy Mini
What is the cost?
The base level fee for the 16 Week program is $125, which includes everything listed above. Workshops or private coaching fees are separate and will be announced at a later date. Please contact me if the fee is a concern or limiting factor for you.
To apply, simply email Chris and receive further instructions.