Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 1 -- Cont...

Hello Again,

I couldn't resist updating today's post with a picture of the new wheels Christian and I just got.

Yesterday, we had a joint celebration for my sisters birthday and my birthday. As a gift for making it to the big 4-0, my parents surprised me with a new running stroller.

I took this "self portrait" as we were heading out the door for a test drive. We just did a quick 2 mile loop to feel it out in preparation for tomorrows workout. Let me tell you, this thing rocks! It's a Trek "Dash" which my sis located at "Play it Again Sports". Apparently, the previous owner wasn't much of a runner because this baby is like new and is smooooth as glass. This thing makes my previous running stroller look like a tank (it felt like one too compared to this). Christian loves it as well and I have a feeling we will get lots of great miles in together. When the climate permits I take him on all my runs which is usually 3-4 times per week.

I'm looking forward to spending lots of quality time with our new wheels as I prepare for the Indy Half Marathon... I only wish they allowed running strollers in the race...

Peace,
Chris


No comments: